Brent Day is an Atlanta-based writer, director, and all around creative problem solver. He currently resides at Spoke Creative where he has directed video and multimedia projects for leading companies in hospitality, financial services and information technology. He has been lead copywriter on marketing campaigns, internal communications programs, print advertisements and video scripts for B2B and B2C marketing.
*Adapted from Brent's bio on the Spoke Creative website.*
**Spoke Creative's Website:** [www.spokecreative.com](www.spokecreative.com)
- Spoke's Vimeo Channel: [https://vimeo.com/spokecreative](https://vimeo.com/spokecreative)
- Long form director's reel: [https://vimeo.com/305092317](https://vimeo.com/305092317)
- Brand Story reel: [https://vimeo.com/313312972](https://vimeo.com/313312972)
- Music video example: [https://vimeo.com/253525477](https://vimeo.com/253525477)
- Corporate Comedy examples:
- Short film example: [https://vimeo.com/180324605](https://vimeo.com/180324605)
*We asked Brent about his influences, and he sent back a document that was far too long to use without editing. Here is a severely cut down version of his response.*
I'm more influenced by music than movies. I like music because it operates more at the dream level. It's like reading books as a child. You can imagine the story being told, and each piece of instrumentation can be used to add something to a story that you can't say with a picture or a word.
I particularly like lush, intricate pop music like The Beatles, XTC, or Elvis Costello. I also like punk rock and dream pop, and really dreamy old Velvet Underground and R.E.M., and a lot of classic rock. Also great lyricists like Bob Dylan, Springsteen, and Joni Mitchell. And also Bowie & Prince, of course.
I also get a lot of inspiration from travel, history and current events.